From our 2,000 centuries-old olive trees, spread over an area of 11 hectares, we manually harvest the olives that we press in our company oil mill. Thus was born our award-winning Purosangue / Madrechiesa extra virgin olive oil, constantly recognized by the main national guides as one of the best oils in Italy.
- Variety: Moraiolo and Maurino
- Number of plants: 500
- Production capacity: 2 tonnes/ha
- Squeezing: Two cold phases
- Color: Yellow with marked green reflections
- Perfume: Intense and elegant, with notes of artichoke leaf and cut grass. Hints of tomato and Mediterranean herbs are evident in the finish
- Flavor: Decidedly balanced in bitter and spicy notes both at medium intensity levels
How to taste it
- Gastronomy: The bitter aftertaste enhances the flavors of the dishes it accompanies, preferably raw.
Origin and data sheet